St Mary's Castle Street

We preach Christ crucified

History   

A history of the chapel detailing its story from its formation in 1798 was written by a member of the congregation and is still available from the bookstall:  ‘The Church That Would Not Die’  by John Dearing. 

SMCS ExteriorBook cover scan

 We have also produced a brief history which is attached as a pdf download.